Strategic Goals for 2016-17
GOAL 1: VISION, MISSION, CORE BELIEFS: To collaboratively develop and approve a district vision, mission and core beliefs that will be shared with all stakeholders, be used on letterheads and school mailings in order for all to refer to these as guidelines for decision-making and continuous improvement in the district.
- To unify the community around a clear
understanding of the vision/purpose for our school.
- To dedicate ourselves to the mission of
realizing this vision for our students and community.
- To use our vision, mission and core beliefs when
making decisions; all decisions should align with and lead us to achievement of
GOAL 2 COMMUNICATION: To provide regular communication structures within the school community in order for consistency and transparency of message and work in order that we can support student academic and extra-curricular success by partnering with our school community in order to accomplish all District Comprehensive Educational Improvement Plan goals and action steps.
- Student academic and extra-curricular
- Staff achievements
- Capital Project Progress
- Positive Outcomes and Results from our Focus
- Process of hiring new school leaders in the
- Increased New York State Assessment rates rather
than opt-out option
GOAL 3 BUDGET: To support the school through BOE and school leader review of data and identification of strategic fiscal and programmatic needs in the areas of leadership, curriculum and instruction, social/emotional developmental health and parent engagement in order to improve teaching and learning.
- Identification of leadership needs within the
district for hiring purposes and for providing support for new leadership – two
new principals and superintendent.
- Providing instructional support through BOCES
for curriculum development, establishing of data structures within our
district, and adopting a Professional Development Plan that includes teacher support
in developing student learning targets, differentiating instruction and
providing formative assessments to check for student understanding.
- Examination of student data and programs
supporting our students’ learning, including looking at our special education
data in order to make changes that will increase opportunities and academic
- Approve the district Response to Intervention
Plan that clearly maps district academic and social/emotional supports for students.
- Support and attend school and community events to increase our parent partnerships and to encourage increased involvement in supporting our staff and students.
- To unify the community around a clear understanding of the vision/purpose for our school.