Vision, Core Beliefs & Values and Mission
The New York Mills Board of Education commits itself to the following core beliefs, vision, and mission statements in an effort to provide support for its students on their journeys toward success:
Our vision is to create an incomparable K-12 school district that is as highly regarded for its academic excellence, as it is for its pride and commitment to actively serve and improve its surrounding community.
CORE BELIEFS and VALUESWe believe that all students:
- should be provided the opportunity to reach their full academic,
physical, and social-emotional potential in order to become productive
- should demonstrate respect, honesty, and integrity as
part of maintaining good citizenship.
- should be responsible and accountable contributors to society through leadership and service to others.
- should be treated
fairly and equitably based on individual needs.
- should have learning experiences that expand beyond the classroom.
- should develop technological awareness, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- should be empowered to learn and grow through both successes and
- have value and worth and are part of a greater whole.
- must feel welcome and safe.
- are valued members of the school community.MISSION
Through combined efforts of students, staff, parents, and community members, our mission is to foster the confidence, knowledge, cognition, and character necessary to instill a strong work ethic, to create an environment of tolerance and respect, and to ignite an attitude of inquiry and enthusiasm for learning that will enable students to become productive, responsible citizens.
- should be provided the opportunity to reach their full academic, physical, and social-emotional potential in order to become productive citizens.