Course ObjectivesThe student will be able to:
- Explain and apply defining characteristics of the novel, short story, drama and poetry genres.
- Recognize and define a plethora of literary devices.
- Ready beyond basic denotative meaning, applying familial social, political, and religious constructs towards the interpretation of literary texts.
- View literary works as documents expressive of specific historical, cultural, and political contexts.
- Demonstrate a fundamental analysis of literature, expressing such analysis through oral and written articulation.
ABSOULUTELY NO DEROGARTORY REMARKS IN REFERENCE TO GENDER, RACE, ETHNICITY, CLASS, SEXUAL PREFERENCE, RELIGIOUS AFFLIATION, NOR ANY OTHER IDENTITY CATEGORY WILL BE TOLERATED.Everyone should be able to speak openly and honestly, but please remain respectful of others’ perspectives.