It is such a pleasure to welcome your child to 3rd grade! This year, he/she will experience many new and exciting educational experiences. Third grade brings many changes; your child will read more challenging texts, think critically, and begin to work independently. This will lead to a lifetime of successful learning. We are looking forward to making memories to last a lifetime! -Mrs. Steffen, Mrs. Moore, Mrs. Smith, & Ms. Shannon
Mrs. Steffen is a team leader for the Positivity Project. The Positivity Project (or P2) was created in order to help students build positive relationships and increase empathy. P2 is a research-based character education program designed to teach students about character strengths. The students will spend ten minutes per day learning about the 24 strengths. They will identify their own strengths, as well as those of others, through discussions and engaging activities.
A calendar will be sent home so you know when each strength will be discussed.
- Other People Matter Mindset (OPM2) - Intro Week
- Other People Matter Mindset (OPM2) - Being present and giving others my attention
- Other People Matter Mindset (OPM2) - Knowing my words & actions affect others
- Other People Matter Mindset (OPM2) - Supporting others when they struggle
- Other People Matter Mindset (OPM2) - Cheering others’ success
- Social Intelligence
- Love of Learning
- Other People Matter Mindset (OPM2) - Identifying & appreciating the good in others
- Appreciation of Beauty & Excellence
- Other People Matter Mindset (OPM2) - Outro Week
2022-2023Day 1- Music
Day 2- Physical Education
Day 3- Art
Day 4- Music
Day 5- Physical Education
Day 6- Library
Recess/Lunch is from 12:05-1:05 dailyPlease remember to wear sneakers for P.E. You are welcome to keep a pair in the closet at school.