Counseling Office Announcements
College and Career Night - SUNY Oswego
Over 100 college and local employers will be present
Wednesday, April 24 6:30-8:00 Marano Campus Center Arena
OHM BOCES Summer Camps
Seniors - Registration for College Connection Spring 2019 will begin November 19, 2018 with a deadline of December 14, 2018. Please see the Course Selection Guide for additional information. Registration information is available in the counseling office. New registrations must allow time for placement testing, etc. prior to the deadline.
Summer Youth Employment Opportunities
Pending funding, SABA and Workforce Development will have paid Summer Employment for eligible students in the following areas:
- Construction I and Construction II at OHM BOCES
- Healthcare at Mohawk Valley Health System
- IT and Cyber Skills
- Meet the income guidelines for TANF - see attached TANF Guidelines
- Complete the Oneida County Employment 2019 Preliminary Application and SABA application for each program of interest
- Be able to provide own transport to and from job site
- Be at least 14 years old by July 1
- Participate in an interview at their school district
Selections will be made based on interviews, completed paperwork, school recommendations and the meeting of income requirements.
Students will earn $11.10 per hour.
Interested students may pick up applications in the counseling office. Applications will be due May 1.
SAT and SAT Subject Test and Registration Dates
2018-19 test and registration dates are posted in the link to the right.
College Credits for Dual Enrollment
Seniors - College credits earned through dual enrollment with any college or university or earned any other way whiile in high school will not appear on your high school transcript, which includes only high school credits. If you want your intended college to be informed of any college credits earned, you must contact the college through which the credits were earned and request that they send a transcript to your intended college. MVCC transcripts can be requested at www.mvcc.edu/registrar/transcripts.